I just couldn't resist making a Reindeer. I know this one has a red nose but I don't know if I want him to be Rudolph. I just happen to like reindeer, so for now, he is just a plain ole reindeer who happens to be wearing a red hat and has a very cold nose!
Since he is a little different than the others, I thought I would give some details.
1. Make the Fancy Favor Box from Chocolate Chip cardstock. Assemble.
2. Punch a Wide Oval from Crumb Cake cardstock and sponge it with Chocolate Chip ink.
3. Punch a Real Red circle with a 3/4" Circle Punch and adhere to the Crumb Cake Oval.
4. Draw a smile with a Basic Black Marker.
5. Attach the Crumb Cake Oval to the front of the box and add two Basic Black circles punched with 1/2" Circle Punch. Add white dots with Signo Gel Pen.
6. Make a scalloped trim from Whisper White Cardstock using the Big Shot and Tasteful Trim bigz die. Adhere to the edge of the box - all the way around.
7. Make the hat which is a sandwich of ears and antlers between two Real Red circles.
- Punch two circles from Real Red cardstock using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. Texturize these with the Big Shot and Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.
- Punch two small ovals from Chocolate Chip cardstock for the ears. Adhere to one of the Real Red circles.
- Die cut two leaves from Crumb Cake cardstock with the Big Shot and Leaves #2 die. Sponge the edges. Adhere these behind the ears.
- Punch a circle from Whisper White cardstock with the 1" Circle Punch. Attach this to the Real Red Circle.
- Adhere the other Real Red circle to make your "sandwich". By doing it this way, the back of the box will look finished.
This Reindeer box is my favorite among Santa, the Snowman, the Gingerbread Man, and the Penguin. Do you have a favorite? If so, which one?
I'll post tomorrow but in case you don't stop in, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!